Wednesday 27 October 2010

Street Art Exhibition - Herbert Art Gallery & Museum, Coventry




Today I went to the Herbert Art Gallery & Museum in Coventry to see the Street Art Exhibition...Not knowing much about street art other than the obvious, I was expecting it to just be graffiti and stuff but it was actually really interesting and some things I was totally not expecting, such as the work above. Was meant to be no photography but I manages to get a sneaky few on my phone before the lady told me off. The first image above is a section of Sarah McLaughlin's work which I was introduced to just the other week when I saw her paintings on the Central Library building in Birmingham. I think I am in love with her work!

Walking out of the gallery I went past the old cathedral that was apparently burnt down! I loved it, its like a shell...




1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it.

    In gallery 2 we have a Mohammed Ali Street Art Exhibition that features the old ruins in Graffiti Art. If you liked the exhibitions broaden your horizons further by attending the talk on November 11.

    Can Graffiti Art Change the World features guest speakers Mohammed Ali and Henry Chalfant (of New York Graffiti Photography Fame. Mohammed will also be doing Live Graffiti and spoken word at our event on Novemver 19 Breaking Down the Wall Live - both FREE - enjoy!

    Jamie - Head of Communications at the Herbert

    ReplyDelete