Thursday 23 September 2010

Personal Work - Steampunk Series


A recent series of personal illustrations I produced in my spare time. They are near enough completely digital which is what separates it from the work I've been doing at uni. I am trying to find the balance between traditional and digital media and so far haven't found a way of doing it and feeling like I've put my all into it. But anyway, most of my personal work is inspired by social subcultures and fashions. In this case I was inspired by steampunk, a sub culture of people who dress and have a love for the victorian steam-powered era, which was introduced to me by my good friend Tayla.

These pieces are on display at the Room52 Giles Art Gallery in Boston, Lincolnshire, where I will have my very first exhibition on the November 1st - November 15th 2010. These pieces are also for sale so if anyone wants one, get in touch.

You can see all of my digital illustrations here:
www.50sdoll.deviantart.com
www.facebook.com (search for Chloe Chapman)

If there are any prints you wish to purchase let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment